Thursday, August 14, 2008

Missionary Lifestyle

Hey There! Its me again!
Yep, this missionary is back, but this time I'm not in a warm island with warm people. Saipan will always be a great and important part of my life. I never said an official goodbye to Saipan on my previous blog because I may have departed from there, but it has not departed from me. Being in Saipan brought me many moments of joy and happiness and it was truly an adventure I'm not sure I can ever compare to, and because of this, it was just so hard for me to come back and be just another face in the crowd. Although my heart wanted (and still wants) to be back in Saipan, I listened to one above and learned that He wanted to use me elsewhere. I got the wonderful opportunity to be a Student Dean at my beloved University, Southern! I was really excited by it, but wasn't really focused on its importance, until my first night here. My mom and I were talking with some of my friends and I was reminiscing on Saipan, when she mentioned the fact that yes, I was not a "missionary", but in reality I was. Southern definitely has many young ladies that need to get close to the Lord, and I, in the position that I was given, was able to have an impact on them. I felt so dumb at that moment. This entire year I had been preaching about being missionaries and the true definition of one, and here I didn't even see the jewel that was right in front of me. So here, in this blog, I will let you know of my mission as a Student Dean. So far, I'm truly enjoying it! I've been working long hours and have found myself in the last couple of days running around crazy, but I'm so happy and quite truly enjoying it! I thank G-d for this opportunity, and hope that you check in from time to time to hear of my days, serving the Lord, as a DA!

2 comments:

Sean said...

If Saipan is any indication, G-d will use you once again to make a meaningful impact on the lives of those around you. You will shine, I know it!

Bev said...

Glad you're all settled in at Southern. You're going to do great! Let's keep in touch=) xoo